Smart Gate Driver ICs for 600 V
The goal of this research topic is to explore the possibilities of higher intergration of gate drivers for 600V applications.
- Cost efficient
- Optimal control of power switches including new material devices like GaN
- System and circuit concepts for integration of galvanic isolation (both directions: to the switch and back-channel for diagnostics signals), partitioning into single and multi-chips (LV / HV)
- Fully integrated and area efficient driver output stage with high performance
- Solar Inverters
- Home Appliances
- Industrial Applications
- A. Seidel, M. Costa, J. Joos, B. Wicht, Bootstrap Circuit with High-Voltage Charge Storing for Area Efficient Gate Drivers in Power Management Systems, in ESSCIRC 2014, Proc. of the 40th European Solid State Circuits Conference, Sept 2014,
- A. Seidel, M. Costa, J. Joos, B. Wicht, Isolated 100% PWM Gate Driver with Auxiliary Energy and Bidirectional FM/AM Signal Transmission via Single Transformer,
in Proc. Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), Charlotte,
U.S.A., March. 15-19, 2015, in press.